What Does Phoenix Do?
We provide a range of support services that include;
- Fun and educational activity programmes for families, children, teenagers and young adults
- Teaching of life skills such as travel training and cooking
- Accessible (BSL) Workshops and courses for parents and carers
- Teach British Sign Language
- Deaf Awareness training
- Advocacy support
- Individual support
What we aim to achieve
- Increased friendships and reduced isolation
- Improved skills, confidence and independence
- Promote positive Mental Health and inclusion
- Increased feelings of support and inclusion for Members
- Improve Deaf Awareness and BSL skills in the Community
We welcome all families who have a child with a hearing loss from mild to profound. Some members use British Sign Language and some do not. We provide a BSL Interpreter at all of our activity sessions and workshops to ensure that we are accessible to all of our members. You would be most welcome to join us.