The Phoenix Group for Deaf Children is a non-for-profit organisation which aims to advance the education of deaf children & young people and their families, in particular but not exclusively, by the provision of training and resources and by promoting social inclusion.
Registered Charity No. 1180870
This notice sets out most of your rights under the new Data Protection law (General Data Protection Regulations 2018). How we use your personal information. This privacy notice is to let you know how we promise to look after your personal information. This notice tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Our Privacy Promise
- To keep your data safe and private.
- Not to sell your data
- Not to share with third parties without your specific permission
How the law protects you
As well as our Privacy Promise, your privacy is protected by law.This section explains how that works. Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so.. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- When it is our legal duty, or
- When it is in our legitimate interest, or
- When you consent to it. A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information.
Collecting your personal information
We can get your personal information when you:
- Complete a membership application form
- Ask us for more information about events, or contact us with a question or complaint
- Pay for and participate in activities
- Provide bank details to enable us to pay any sums due to you
The personal information we collect
It includes (but isn’t limited to) the following:
- Your name, address, phone number, date of birth and email address
- Names, dates of birth of family members
- Your bank account number and sort code
- Your contact with us –such as a note of a call you make to us, an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us
Sharing your personal information
We will not share your personal information with a third party without your specific permission.
Keeping your personal information secure
Phoenix Group for Deaf Children
2-6 The Hyde